1946 – Park “im Grüene” is gifted

In December 1946, Adele and Gottlieb Duttweiler set up the “Im Grüene” Foundation – almost certainly as an early Christmas present. Their 45,000m2 estate in Rüschlikon becomes the property of the foundation. The foundation’s main aim is to create an institute that will “employ every means possible to spread the idea of the cooperative and the organised use of mass purchasing power to promote social progress, both in Switzerland and abroad.” Although the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (GDI) would not be inaugurated until 1963, the “Dutti Park” threw its gates open to visitors in 1947 – initially only for members of the cooperative, then later for the general public.
More Information available in German (full information), French (full information) and Italian (full information)